Hi guys! I’ve been a bit absent on my blog since I’ve been working on a new project…my YOUTUBE CHANNEL! Yay, I’m so excited to launch this and for you to be a part of it.
This recipe for sweet potato avocado crostini is the first in a five-part series on Vegan 4th of July recipes. This recipe couldn’t be simpler and it’s gluten-free, vegan, paleo, nutrient-rich, blah blah blah. You get the point.
I really hope you check out my Youtube channel and enjoy it! The video for this sweet potato avocado crostini is here.
I’ll be sharing vegan recipes, healthy eating how-tos and tips, advice on social media and food photography, and health & happiness tips. You can find my introduction video here.
Hugs and kisses,
Sweet Potato Avocado Crostini
Vegan, Gluten-Free, Paleo
- 3-4 sweet potatoes, peeled
- Olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- 1 large ripe avocado
- Juice from 1-2 small lemons
- 1/3 cup almonds, toasted
- 1/3 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/4 cup parsley
- Heat a grill over high heat.
- Slice sweet potatoes into rounds 1/4-1/2 inch thick.
- Brush both sides of the sweet potato slices with olive oil. Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper.
- Place sweet potato slices on hot grill for 4-6 minutes until they have grill marks, checking them occasionally to prevent burning. If the heat is too high, you can move the potatoes to the edges or sides of the grill to cook on indirect heat.
- Flip potatoes after 4-6 minutes and cook an additional 3-4 minutes until cooked through. Potatoes should be softened but not too soft.
- While potatoes are grilling, prepare the toppings. Halve and pit the avocado. Scoop flesh into a bowl and mash, adding lemon juice and salt & pepper to taste.
- Finely chop the almonds and mince the parsley.
- Top cooked potato slices with a dollop of mashed avocado, pomegranate seeds, toasted almonds and parsley.