Serves 2 (starter salad)
- 2 watermelon radishes, peeled
- 2 small beets, peeled
- 1 carrot
- 1/2 grapefruit, cut into segments
- 20 basi leaves
- 2 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
- 1 TBSP freshly squeezed grapefruit juice (from other half of grapefruit)
- Drizzle of raw honey (substitute agave syrup for Vegan version)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Sesame seeds and pumpkin seeds for topping
- Cut radishes and beets into very thin round slices using a sharp knife or mandolin.
- Using a wide vegetable peeler, shave carrots to create carrot ribbons.
- Mix together radishes, beets, carrot ribbons, grapefruit, and basil leaves into a salad.
- For vinaigrette, whisk oil, grapefruit juice, honey, and salt & pepper with a fork, or combine in a mason jar and shake to combine evenly.
- Dress salad with vinaigrette and top with seeds.