Vegan, Gluten-Free, Paleo
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts
- 4 Medjool dates
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch sea salt
- 1/2 tsp coconut oil, melted
- 3/4 cup raw cashews, soaked for 8 hours
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1.5 tablespoons raw coconut nectar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/3 cup blueberries
- 1/4 cup blueberries + extra for garnish
- Place a strip of parchment paper on the bottom of a 4 inch springform pan.
- For the crust, blend all ingredients in a food processor until you have a sticky dough. Press the dough onto the parchment lined pan. Place in the freezer while you make the filling.
- For the filling, blend all of the ingredients in the food processor until you have a smooth, creamy texture. Pour the filling over the crust. Disperse 1/3 cup blueberries throughout the batter.
- For the topping, mash 1/4 cup blueberries with a fork. Pour the berries into a strainer and reserve the juice. Spoon the juice on top of the cake and use a sharp utensil to make a swirl pattern. Top with additional blueberries, if desired.
- Let cake set in freezer for 4 hours. Before eating, leave cake at room temperature for 30 minutes.