Paleo, Vegan, Gluten-Free
- 2 cups rhubarb, thinly sliced
- 2 cups strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 1/2 of an orange, zested
- 1-2 tablespoons of orange juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1.5 tablespoons of arrowroot powder
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup coconut
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tbsp arrowroot
- 1 tsp orange extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Place the strawberries and rhubarb in a large bowl with the orange zest and juice, maple syrup, vanilla, sea salt and arrowroot powder. Mix well.
- For the crumble topping, mix all ingredients in a bowl except for the coconut oil. Add in the coconut oil, using your hands or a pastry cutter, and mix until all of the oil is evenly distributed and the mixture begins to resemble crumbs.
- Grease a 9 inch pie pan. Cover the bottom with the fruit topping. Top the filling evenly with the crumb topping. Bake for 25 minutes or until the top is golden brown.