- 6 soft Medjool dates, pitted
- 3/4 cup + 2 tablespoons almond flour
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 2 1/2 tablespoons raw cacao powder (or cocoa powder)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 6 tablespoons coconut oil, melted and at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 3/4 cup hot water
- 1 1/4 cup raw cacao powder
- 8 ounces vegan dark chocolate, melted and cooled
- 3/4 cup agave syrup
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted and at room temperature
- 1/3 cup canned coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- For garnish: flaky sea salt and fresh raspberries
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Soak the dates in hot water for 10 minutes (omit this step if you have a high-powered food processor).
- In a food processor, pulse all crust ingredients until you have a slightly sticky dough that comes together when you press it between your fingers.
- Press the dough along the bottom and up the sides of a 10-inch removable bottom tart pan. Bake for 15-20, until the crust is lightly browned and firm. Remove to a wire rack to cool.
- Combine the coffee granules and hot water in small bowl. Mix and let dissolve.
- Wipe out the food processor. Add the coffee mixture and the remaining ingredients (cacao powder through kosher salt). Blend for 1 minute or until ingredients are thoroughly combined and you have a smooth, creamy texture.
- Pour the filling into the cooled tart and smooth with a spatula.
- Sprinkle flaky sea salt over tart and decorate with raspberries. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Let come to room temperature (approximately 20 minutes) before serving.