Paleo, Raw Vegan, Gluten-Free
Makes 8 cupcakes
- 2/3 cup of dates, pitted
- 1/2 cup of almond flour/meal
- 1/3 cup hazelnuts or other nut of choice, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of sea salt
- 2 teaspoons of water, if needed
- 100 grams of pink pitaya (approx. 1/2 of a large fresh pink pitaya or use a frozen pitaya pack)
- 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla powder (or extract)
- 3-4 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
- 3-4 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 1 1/4 cup raw cashews, soaked at least 3 hours or overnight
- 1/4 cup canned coconut cream (or use the thick part from a can of coconut milk)
- Line 8 muffin tins with cupcake liners and grease with coconut oil.
- Place dates in a food processor and blend until a sticky paste forms. Add the remaining ingredients, except for the water, and blend until thoroughly combined. If dough is not sticky enough, add the water while the motor of the food processor is running.
- Once dough is sticky enough, press onto the bottom and sides of the muffin tins. Place in freezer while making the filling.
- For the filling, place all ingredients in a food processor and blend until thoroughly combined and completely smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Fill each muffin tin 2/3-3/4 full with the batter.
- Place cupcakes in the freezer for at least few hours to firm up.
- When ready to serve, remove from the freezer and let defrost for about 30 minutes.
- Serve as is, top with fresh fruit, coconut whipped cream, and/or sprinkles.