- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2-3 carrots, diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 small jalapeño pepper, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- Coconut or olive oil for cooking
- 1 to 1 1/2 pound sweet potatoes, peeled & chopped
- 2 TBSP chili powder
- 1 TBSP cumin
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 pound organic ground turkey
- 28 oz. canned crushed tomatoes
- 16 oz. chicken stock
- 2 tsp Red Boat fish sauce
- Toppings: cilantro, scallions, avocado, and/or grass-fed shredded cheddar
- Heat oil over medium heat in a Dutch oven. Add onion, carrots, and bell pepper. After vegetables begin to soften (5 min), add garlic & jalapeño pepper and cook until slightly browned.
- Add ground turkey to pan, breaking up with wooden spoon. Cook until meat is no longer pink, 5–6 minutes.
- Stir in spices and cook 1 minute until fragrant.
- Stir in chicken stock and sweet potatoes. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer and cook about 10 minutes until sweet potatoes have softened.
- Add crushed tomatoes and fish sauce, return to a simmer, and cook for 15 minutes until sweet potatoes are fully softened and falling apart.
- Serve with desired toppings.