- 1/2 cup canned full-fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 2 flax eggs
- 1 TBSP of melted coconut oil
- 1 TBSP of maple syrup or agave syrup
- 1/2 tsp of almond extract or vanilla extract
- 1 tsp of orange zest
- 1/4 tsp of ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp of ground ginger
- 4 TBSP of coconut flour
- 4 TBSP of arrowroot powder
- 2 heaping TBSP of almond flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Coconut oil for cooking
- In a large bowl, whisk together the liquid ingredients (coconut milk through orange zest) until well blended.
- In another bowl, mix together the remaining ingredients. Gradually add the mixture to the wet ingredients and whisk until incorporated. Do not overbeat the batter or your pancakes will be tough.
- Heat a large skillet or griddle over medium-low heat and add some ghee. Once the pan is fully heated, add 1/4 cup of batter for each pancake. When bubbles form all over the pancake, flip. Cook on the other side for approximately 2-3 minutes.
- Top pancakes with grass-fed butter or ghee, pure maple syrup, toasted pecans, cherry sauce (see below), and grass-fed yogurt (optional).
- 3/4 cup frozen or fresh cherries
- 1/2 TBSP Coconut oil
- 1/2 TBSP maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp orange zest
- Heat a small skillet or saucepan over medium heat and add coconut oil. Add cherries, maple syrup, and orange zest and cook down until cherries are thick and syrupy.