Paleo, Vegan, Gluten Free
Makes approximately 18 fritters
- 6 carrots, grated
- 1/2 cup + 2 TBSP quinoa
- 1/3 cup almond flour/meal
- 2 small bunches of cilantro, roughly chopped
- 2 flax eggs* (substitute eggs for non-vegan version)
- 3/4 teaspoon of cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon of turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon of coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon of curry powder
- 3-4 green onions, roughly chopped (white & light green parts only)
- 2 cloves garlic,roughly chopped
- 1 inch piece of fresh ginger, roughly chopped
- 1/2 of a small lemon, juiced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Dash of cayenne pepper
- Coconut oil for frying
- For serving: I served mine with a puree of golden beets, coconut milk, cumin and coriander. A raita would also be lovely served on top of these fritters.
*For one flax egg: whisk 1 tablespoon of flax meal with 2 1/2 tablespoons of water; refrigerate for 15 minutes to thicken.
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and blend until well combined and a dough comes together.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat and add coconut oil. Using an ice cream scooper or rounded tablespoon, add the dough to the skillet, slightly flattening the dough with the back of a spoon. Cook the fritters for approximately 2 minutes, then flip and cook for another 2 minutes. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve with a yogurt sauce made with yogurt mixed with minced cilantro, lemon juice, and sliced green onions.