Serves approximately 10 1/2 cup servings
- 2 medium-large heads of cauliflower
- 10-12 cloves of garlic, peeled
- 1/4 cup grass-fed butter or ghee (substitute olive oil for Vegan option)
- 1/4 cup canned coconut milk
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- salt and pepper to taste
- other dried herbs to taste (I used oregano)
- Cut up cauliflower heads into florets.
- Fill up a large saucepan or stockpot with a few inches of water. Add a steamer basket. Turn heat to high.
- Once the water is boiling, add cauliflower florets and garlic cloves to steam basket. Cover the pot. Steam for approximately 10-12 minutes until florets are soft and very tender.
- Drain cauliflower florets and add to a large mixing bowl. Using an immersion blender or electric hand mixer, break up the cauliflower. Once it’s starting to come together, add the butter/ghee/olive oil, coconut milk, nutritional yeast, salt, pepper, and seasonings.
- Mix until you’ve achieved a smooth consistency.
- Alternatively, you can dump all of the ingredients in a high-powered blender such as a Vitamix or a food processor.