Serves approximately 4
Paleo, Vegan, Gluten-Free
- 1 medium butternut squash
- 6-10 ounces of wild mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small bunch of asparagus, trimmed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil or choice of oil for cooking
- Cashew Cream Sauce, below
- Hemp seeds for topping.
- Use a spiralizer to make noodles out of the butternut squash. Video instructions here.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat with a tablespoon or two of olive oil. Add noodles in two batches. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook for 3-5 minutes or until the noodles are just tender but still retain a bite.
- Add a little more oil and saute the mushrooms on medium-high heat until browned.
- Using a vegetable peeler, peel the asparagus into ribbons. Alternatively, you can just slice them on the diagonal.
- Toss butternut squash noodles with mushrooms and asparagus, and mix with the cashew cream. Top with a sprinkling of hemp seeds and/or any other seeds/nuts you desire.
Cashew Cream Sauce
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked for at least 2 hours and up to overnight
- 2 1/2 tablespoons of nutritional yeast
- 1 small lemon, zested and juiced
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried oregano
- Blend all ingredients together in a food processor or high speed blender. Blend until creamy and taste for seasonings.