- 1 pint of blueberries
- 2 TBSP pure maple syrup or coconut sugar
- 1 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 1/4 tsp of orange extract (can substitute 1/4 tsp orange zest)
- 1/4 tsp of orange zest
- 4 tsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp arrowroot powder & water
- Place blueberries in a small nonstick saucepan or deep skillet with maple syrup or coconut sugar, ginger, orange extract, and orange zest. Bring to a simmer and continue simmering for 5-7 minutes.
- Add chia seeds and stir vigorously to combine. Start mashing some (but not all) or the berries with a fork. Stir every minute or so for about 12-15 minutes until the mixture has thickened.
- While jam is cooking, make a slurry using 1 tsp of arrowroot powder and 1 tsp of water and mix together. Add to the jam and stir in quickly until throughly incorporated. Remove jam from heat and transfer to a mason jar and store in the fridge.